Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Near and Far
For some reason this little episode with Grover on Sesame Street has always stuck in my memory. I don't know when, where, or how I saw it, but I have always remembered it. As a result, Jadyn and I will play a little near and far game from time to time. It usually goes like this: Jadyn rides on my shoulders as I bounce backwards away from the mirror in my bedroom. "Far." I run to the mirror. "Near." Repeat. She laughs and laughs every time!
When we were playing our little game on Friday, I put her down and started running forward and backward with her in front of the mirror. "Near." "Far." She caught on pretty quick and before long, she was even saying "near." (Sorry for the video quality; I kept starting and stopping the camera to try to get the lighting right.)
In fact, her vocabulary has taken off the past week. She tries to repeat what I say quite often. It is so crazy to me how quickly a child can just all the sudden start talking so much. Just in the past week or two she has said: upside-down, gross, stinky, it's gone, done, it's cold, high, dark, bubble, glasses, cracker, bunny, water, broccoli, near, and asleep. Other words (that I can think of right now) she has been saying for awhile are grandpa (bapa), yah, eye, book, bird, ball, mommy, daddy, five, cheese, and it's hot (as well as the ones mentioned in a previous post). Obviously her version of the word is usually a bit different than ours (dropping the last consonant or replacing an F with a B, for example). She can also do a lot of her animal noises, with a few other sound affects: bear, bird, kitty, dog, sheep, fish, gorilla, elephant, snake, monkey, duck, cow, airplane, and train. One of these days, if I can get her to sit still long enough, I will get those on video too!
Posted by
Nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh so so cute!!!! I laughed a lot at the Grover video and it made me miss you a lot. I envisioned you reenacting Near and Far yourself and it was hilarious! Love you guys tons!
She is sooo cute! What a little energy ball!
That is so so cute!! I'm totally laughing and I really loved the part that she was walking backwards. Adorable. You know, I think she and Katelyn could be great running partners. It looks like Jadyn has the same love for running... who needs to walk when you can run?
Your anniversary dinner outing looked So fun!
Can you give me a quick recap of where you are now, where you have lived (other countries) and why??
I feel so far behind!
I'll check back here or look for a message on facebook or my blog, one way or the other, I will have to get the low down!
Dalyce, we are living in Taiwan for Cody's job. He went on his mission to Taichung, Taiwan and wanted to use his Chinese--and love for Taiwan--somehow in his career. He ended up graduating with his MBA in International Business and found a job with Schindler Elevators in Taiwan. We lived in Hong Kong last summer for Cody's training because Schindler's Asia Pacific headquarters are there. Then in Oct. '08 we moved to Taiwan. So there's the short of it! Sorry to keep you wondering! :) If you want an even longer recap, you can read our profiles on the sidebar of our blog. Or just let me know if you have other qs. Good to hear from you!
That is so cute! I love the "heavy breathing" as she is running! She is adorable.
Post a Comment