Monday, February 4, 2008

Cody's Trip to China, Hong Kong and Taiwan

Ok, so here is MY first try at this blogging thing. I still don't know about this whole operation, but Nicole really, really wants me to post the pictures of my trip. To graduate from Thunderbird, you have to complete a "Global Experience." Well, this can be done a few different ways, but I decided to fulfill this requirement by attending a 2 week "study abroad" to Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong. Since we ended in Hong Kong, I figured I would head back to Taiwan for a week to visit my mission.

Here are the pictures from my trip: http://picasaweb.google.com/codyrowland1.

To make it easy for everyone, I've filed each picture under Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Taiwan. As I get more pictures from other people, I'll be sure to add them to these albums.

Nicole also wanted me to tell the stories that go along with each picture, but nobody has the time to read a blog THAT long. If you really want to know all the stories I would be happy to share them with you. Also, just as a side note, I didn't doctor up or edit any of the pictures yet, so some have a finger in the corner, or are a little washed out... Also, some of the pictures I posted of my time in Taiwan really only make sense to me (like of a random McDonalds, a post office, or a bank). Again, if you really want to know the stories behind these pictures I would be happy to share them; just remember, you are now getting into mission stories and we all know how much RM's love to share mission stories, so inquire at your own risk.

Anyway, if you happen to be in any of these pictures, feel free to download them and use them for yourself. (Dave, don't let me forget to get your pictures as well). I also have TONS of video, they just take much longer to upload. I'll continue uploading all the video to that same picasa site so check back in a while and hopefully I'll have them all uploaded.

Ok, as far as blogging goes today, I think I'm spent. I've been up since 3:30 a.m.(ok, let me rephrase that) I slept in until 3:30 a.m. today, but since it's now 7:00 a.m. I'm tired again. I will admit, waking up at 3:30 a.m. is better than 1:00 a.m. when you don't get to sleep until 11:00 p.m. This jet-lag thing is KILLING me!

Cody

3 comments:

The Reimers Family said...

Cool pics, Cody! It looks like you had a great time! I bet you felt so tall!

Tiffany said...

Cody, you did a great job with your first blog. Congratulations. You even posted more pictures than Nicole does. I think you're hooked. p.s. Nicole, there's a Valentine's dance this Saturday that you guys should come to. :) Your welcome Cody.

Brent and Emily said...

Cody, Do you know Doug Timothy? Does he go to the same school as you?