Saturday, January 5, 2008

Christmas in Utah

We took a nice, long trip to Utah for the holidays; we stayed for about two weeks. Our parents live about 30 minutes from each other so we hopped back and forth between houses trying to spend as much time with both families as we could. Although I wasn't too great about taking lots of pictures, I will share what I did get.

Christmas with the Lemon's: My sister, Kristen, received a puzzle as her white elephant at the big Lemon Christmas Party. She had the great idea to open it and start it that night (Christmas Eve Eve). So, dad, Kristen, and I stayed up late working on it. The puzzle still wasn't finished by Christmas morning, so Patrick insisted it be finished before we open presents! That didn't happen.

While everyone was working on the puzzle, I helped Mom and Dad hand out the presents. I think every other one was for Hannah (the only grandchild). It was quite cute to watch her try to hold them all in her arms. It was fun to take turns and see what everyone received from Santa, but watching Hannah was by far the most fun. What a cutie!

Christmas with the Rowland's: After Christmas Eve and morning with my family, we rushed off to the Rowlands for the rest of the day. We started out opening presents, then tried out the Wii (Santa's gift to the family), and finished with a delicious Christmas dinner. I have to say the Wii was a big hit with the whole family. Even my mother-in-law loved the bowling! And I (who swore we would never own a nintendo system because I hate them) loved the tennis and car game. I'd never played before, but it is so fun because the games are so interactive and you can even get exercise while you play (I'll admit I was even a little sore after several boxing and tennis matches)!




I have to post this little video of Cody and my favorite sister-in-law, Kensley. It was one of the first boxing matches played on the Wii. I thought it was soo funny because they just stand and punch the air and laugh and laugh. It was also really funny because Kensley beat her big brother BAD!!! I only wish I would have taken a video of his mom smack talking while bowling!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHAT!!!!! You were here over Christmas and I didn't even know! I am totally bummed! Brett and Brad were here too. We should have gotten together at least for lunch or something. Please let me know next time you are in town. I would really love to see you. It sounds like you had a great trip though, I am so glad. I loved the Now and Then pictures. What a great idea!

Brent and Emily said...

Looks like you guys had a fun christmas. I played the wii over christmas for the first time and it was a lot of fun. I would sometimes move my whole body forgetting that only my hands matter - I'm sure I gave everyone else a good laugh though. I'm glad you guys got to go back for the holidays.

KimWar said...

Hey Nicole, we really need to get together with you two before you up and leave or anything. We haven't seen you for a while. How is your baby in your tummy, soooo exciting. Hope all is well.