-Oprah Winfrey
Today is my mom's birthday--Happy Birthday MOM!! I just want to tell the world that she is the BEST mom ever (I know everyone thinks that about their own mom, but even so, I will proclaim that she is).
She is the most patient and kind person I have probably ever met. When I think back to my growing-up years, I can hardly think of a time when she was angry. I remember friends coming to the house and always LOVING my mom because she was so kind and sweet. She has always been so encouraging and loving, never speaking a negative or unkind word. We like to joke about how you can't ask mom for a true opinion, because she will always answer with the kindest response possible. For example, you could have just received the worst haircut ever and she would still tell you that you look beautiful. :)
Last week my mom was in town for Cody's graduation. She couldn't have arrived at a better time. I went to bed Wednesday night feeling tired (it was about 12 a.m.) and woke up around 2 a.m. on Thursday feeling so sick. Without going into too much detail, I was the sickest I think I have ever been. I ended up throwing up nine times between then and 12:30 p.m. I couldn't keep anything down, not even water. My mom flew in at about 1:30 p.m., I picked her up from the airport, and we headed straight to the hospital (doctor's orders). We ended up staying at the hospital for about three hours so they could rehydrate me using an IV. Cody was out of town for interviews Wednesday and Thursday, which made me even more grateful that my mom arrived when she did. My mom was so sweet and helpful the whole time. She took such good care of me and was so patient as she sat with me at the hospital that entire time. The miracle of the love and care of my mother is that I haven't thrown up since I picked her up from the airport. And after I had a night's sleep on Thursday, I was pretty close to feeling back to normal.
This little experience has made me love and appreciate my mom even more than before (which who knew that was possible). Thank you, mom, for your unconditional love and support. You are undeniably the definition of a mother. I love you!
Celebrating Mom (isn't she cute!):

Mom's Cake:
5 comments:
WOW! You sure have talent decorating cakes!!
Nicole did you decorate that cake? It is soooooo pretty you really need to teach me how to do that!
What a beautiful tribute to your mother Nicole. She sounds just incredible and yes, she came at just the right time. Aren't mom's good at that? I think so. Her cake is just incredible! That shows how much you love her right there. :)
Hi guys. Great pics.Hope you are having fun back in AZ. It was so great to have you here in Utah for the Holidays. Love your guts.
Cute!!! I love my mom too. Aren't they just great. You are going to make a wonderful mom yourself here in a little bit. Beautiful cake!!! So what are your plans now that cody is done with school?
Post a Comment