Monday, October 21, 2013

Thankful for Jersey

To most Americans, our life is pretty much just like anyone else’s.  To me, there is something commonplace that makes me happy just about every day.  Some things that make me so very grateful:

1.  Our basement that acts as a playroom.  I love that the mess (for the most part) stays hidden from people that come to the door or in our living room.  IMG_8689

2.  Living at the end of a cul-de-sac where the kids have space and are safe to ride bikes. 

IMG_8618 IMG_8716

3.  The gorgeous weather.  I probably comment to the kids every. single. clear day about what a beautiful day it is. I still can’t get enough of the intensely blue skies and gorgeous trees. 

IMG_8805 IMG_8808

4.  I love having a car.  I don’t necessarily get a thrill out of driving, but it is so convenient.  I also love grocery carts.  Both cars and carts keep Ridge contained and make errands much easier! 

5.  Jade has taken well to dance and school and everything else and loves being in America too. 

IMG_8720 IMG_8721 IMG_8723

6.  People are friendly and accommodating to children.  They smile sweetly or offer to help or make kind comments; not something I’m use to.

7.  Cody’s job is going really well.  It is getting busier and busier, but for the first time he actually likes what he is doing!  He loves his boss and his boss really likes him.  I can see a difference in his happiness and energy level when he gets home each day. 

I could probably go on and on about a lot of little things, but I’ll just say I am loving living in New Jersey.  I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for putting us in this situation.  Maybe it is simply pregnancy hormones, but there have been days I have felt so blessed and content that I’ve wanted to cry.  We absolutely love the experiences we had in Asia, but it feels so right to be where we are right now.

No comments: