In between painting furniture, I managed to fit in some recreation for the kids while we were in Utah. I don’t really know how it started, but I had told Jade about gumball machines in America and that she could have some when we got there. Pretty much every where you go has them: restaurants, grocery stores, banks, malls, iPhone repair shops… you name it. At first it was a great treat/reward because they are super cheap, but then it became an obsession and we had to put an end to it!
We took advantage of the local library’s kids’ activities.
Jade enjoyed lounging in Grandma’s giant bed watching cartoons.
Ridge headed for the rocks and mud when we let him have the chance.
The kids liked sharing Grandpa’s recliner and snuggling up during a movie.
Jade had some fun sleepovers with cousin Paisley (no pics ‘cause I wasn’t there…I was painting…). You know they had a blast by how tired she was afterward.
A must when in Utah is hitting up Leatherby’s for my favorite ice cream sundae of all time.
One Saturday we went to Pineview Reservoir for a relaxing day of swimming and kayaking (in the kayaks my dad made).
Ridge had a fun day with Grandma while I attended to the movers and Jade was at Paisley’s.
We had a reunion of sorts with the Lemon clan at Uncle Mel’s house. Lots of little second cousins swimming around in the pool.
I told Ridge to put his swimming suit on (not really expecting anything); when I turned around, he had tried!
Loved all the visits from Becca and her cute fam! Rion and Jade have so much fun together and Ridge loves them all!
I really, really wanted to go to a rodeo this year. I had never been to one before and I’m from Utah! How is that even possible? At least that is what I thought until my mom assured me I had in fact been to one when I was little.
Lucky for us, both sets of grandparents joined us for the Tooele rodeo!
Jade was excited to try her first snow cone. Of course she loved it.
On the fourth, we headed to the West Jordan parade and had fun with Casey and Winter’s cute family joining us as well.
We finished off the holiday with a BBQ and the standard Smith’s package of street fireworks.
Lastly, we had a day of laundry and packing, then it was time to say goodbye again… but this time we wouldn’t be going so far (and that was especially nice for the lone parent on the return flight).
1 comment:
How fun was your summer? So stinking fun!! I live your dads tan lines, he wears them well! Haha and the picture of him and ridge sleeping? I laughed out loud! So fun! Such cute kids! Such a cute pregnant momma!
Post a Comment