Just kidding, April Fool’s! We actually went to Singapore. When Cody suggested we go somewhere for my birthday this year, I couldn't refuse. There is a Universal Studios there too. Who knew?![]()
The park was beautiful. Clean, new, lots of space. Nothing like we are use to in Hong Kong. ![]()
For a day it almost felt like we really were on a vacation in the U.S. And I loved every minute of it.![]()
To be honest, it was a nice break from our typical run around a hot, dirty, crowded Asian city vacations. Although we did get plenty of that later on in the weekend… more on that another day.
At one point we even snagged us some churros! HK Disneyland doesn’t even have churros!! Despite Jade and Cody’s funny faces in the pictures, we really were in heaven.
The rest of the food wasn’t so American, but still delicious (except the anchovy fried rice—it must be a Malaysian thing)!
I don’t really remember Woody the Woodpecker that well, but apparently he is iconic or something, ‘cause he was there to greet us when we walked into the park.![]()
Universal Studios has this cool thing called “child swap" where one of us could wait with Ridge while the other went on a ride with Jade, then whoever waited could go right to the front of the line.
On the Madagascar carousel Jade chose to sit on this weird thing because it had a flower necklace. ![]()
I timed it perfect to snap this shot of Jade and Cody on the Shrek rollercoaster as they zoomed over my head.![]()
There were lots of other really fun rides, including some awesome rollercoasters, but I’ll spare you the pictures of everything.
Ridge was a trooper in the hot, humid Singapore weather. He did have his two favorite toys, so he was happy.
We ended our day with dinner at Chili’s. I felt a little ashamed to be in Singapore eating at Chili’s, but I had saucy, American ribs for my birthday dinner and paradise pie for my birthday cake, so I was one satisfied woman!!
3 comments:
Happy belated birthday! What a wonderful way to celebrate. It shows how young you are, not to know Woody Woodpecker =). We used the "child swap" thing at Hong Kong Disney too, it's so great!
That is so fun! So cool that it felt so American. And way to go eating at Chilis. I know I would have! Happy late Birthday!!
What an awesome birthday! So happy you got to go somewhere and enjoy it so much. I am laughing that Jade sat on the weird thing on the carosel because it had flowers around its neck--sounds just like LIzzy. Happy Birthday my friend and don't ever feel guilty for eating at Chiles!
Post a Comment