Monday, December 19, 2011

My Mom is Amazing

DSC00060My mom was here taking care of me for two weeks.  Okay, so she really came to see Ridge, but my goodness she did a lot for all of us while she was here!  She is amazing!  She flew the big, long flight all by herself the morning after Thanksgiving.  That was enough to show me how much she cares, but then when she got here she did absolutely everything for us! Those two weeks were so relaxing and enjoyable.  My sister skyped one morning and told me I didn’t look stressed anymore now that I’d had the baby.  I told her it wasn’t so much that I’d had the baby, but it was because Mom was here taking care of me!DSC00149We started out the week by getting organized.  Our place is small and we are limited on space.  We needed to make room for Ridge in Jadyn’s room, Christmas decorations in the living room, and guests in the office/storage room/guest bedroom.  DSC00065It took us a few days to figure it all out and get it all done!  During the process we had to glue some of the landlord’s crappy furniture back together as it came apart while rearranging.  Buuuut we did it, and now our apartment is feeling more orderly, we have a place for Ridge, and we are decorated for Christmas!Everyday my mom would say, “What do you want to get done?  Just keep me busy!”  And every night she would say, “Wake me up if Ridge is up during the night so you can sleep.” He was waking to eat twice during the night, but then going right back to sleep, so luckily we didn’t have to worry about that. DSC00082Mom certainly did keep busy while she was here.  She cooked, cleaned, played with the kids, held Ridge lots and lots (of course!!),  made Cody’s lunch, took Jade to the school bus, picked Jade up from the school bus, played with Jade at the park, DSC00204

washed dishes, vacuumed, cleaned the kids’ room, folded laundry, changed diapers, bathed the children, woke up with the kids to let me sleep in, gave the kids haircuts,

DSC00190

DSC00219

got the kids in bed at night, did crafts with Jade, and made Christmas cookies with Jade and her friends. She even kept my rocking chair from squeaking and at one point she even rubbed out a knot in my back. And I’m sure I’m still forgetting some things!!! It makes one wonder what I did for those two weeks!?! Who knows. What I do know is that my love, admiration, and appreciation for my incredible mother grew exponentially. I love her so very much!!!! DSC00205Every time I would say, “no you don’t have to do that” or “you do too much for us” orI don’t want you to get sick of waiting on us,” she would reply with a sincere, “I don’t do that much.”  Are you kidding me!?!  I told you she is amazing.

Cody was feeling badly that she wasn’t out site seeing (other than when we went out to see the Christmas decorations) while she was here. DSC00125 DSC00187

She assured us this was the best kind of vacation: holding the baby and listening to Christmas music.  “It didn’t get much better.”DSC00224

DSC00228

I found her visit so empowering and uplifting. I was sad to see her go but I am so grateful she came (a BIG thank you to Dad for letting her)! I love you both so much!!!

5 comments:

Karen said...

I'm so glad she was able to come out and spend some time with you! I love your Mom, she is amazing!!!

simmons said...

I just love your mom! She is one of the best women I know. You are a lot like her.

Tawnya said...

What a sweet mom!

Kay said...

So glad your mom was able to come and stay. It does make such a difference! I love her and don't even know her!

Jon. Jamie. Ethan. Lynsi. Katie. said...

soooo cute! i could never have babies without my mommy! your mom is so super sweet! yeah for moms and , yes, that includes you nicole!